The Learning Garden Educator is a part-time, seasonal position that will work under the direction of the Fit4Kids Learning Garden Coordinator. The Coordinator will collaborate with schools to improve their school garden and lead SOL-based lessons for elementary school classes. The purpose of the program is to leverage gardens and nutrition education to increase students’ consumption of fruits and vegetables and encourage healthy eating.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with school leaders to develop school-specific goals for the garden
- Lead lesson that integrate the garden into the core, standards-based curriculum
- Maintain communication between Fit4Kids staff, school staff, teachers, and volunteers
- Collect and enter data for various program evaluation requirements to ensure program effectiveness
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- Experience growing produce
- Experience working with groups of children and leading educational sessions.
- Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Conceptual ability for the larger perspective with a strong attention to detail and multitasking
- Experience interacting with diverse communities and the ability to integrate into and existing school community
- Knowledge of computer and internet based programs for use in communication and grant requirements
About the Organization:
Greater Richmond Fit4Kids is a non-profit organization created to improve the health and wellness of children by increasing physical activity and promoting healthy eating. The organization is focused on improving children’s health and reducing childhood obesity through innovative school and community based programs.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to Sara Artiglia at email@example.com.