Fit4Kids is seeking an energetic and dynamic professional to lead Safe Routes to School (SRTS) activities and initiatives in Richmond public schools. The SRTS Coordinator will lead the implementation of a district-wide SRTS program in Richmond Public Schools with the goal of increasing the number of students safely walking and biking to and from school.
• Coordinate district-wide Safe Routes to School programs and initiatives, with a focus on five Title I elementary schools in Richmond City
• Work closely with the Richmond Public Schools Health and Physical Education department to integrate bike safety and skills education into the P.E. curriculum
• Build partnerships with schools, community organizations, and city departments
• Create and promote district-wide encouragement programs and SRTS resources for schools
• Plan and implement bike and pedestrian events, including a city-wide bike event and annual Walk and Bike to School Day events
• Serve on district committees and coalitions that will further SRTS program goals and program sustainability
• Coordinate distribution and collection of student travel tallies and parent surveys at partner schools and participate in other evaluation activities as needed
• Complete grant reports on division-wide SRTS activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
• Experience in planning, organizing, and directing school and/or community programs and activities to achieve program goals and objectives
• Commitment to and support of non-motorized modes of transportation, particularly as they relate to school transportation
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders including community organizations, city agencies, and schools
• Knowledge of and experience in working with low-income, diverse public schools is a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Computer competency and proficiency in Windows/Microsoft Office
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience working with a Safe Routes to School program and/or other efforts to promote biking or walking to school is highly desirable
The Safe Routes to School Coordinator position is a part-time, 25-28 hours per week, grant-funded position and does not include benefits. The position will be open until filled with interviews beginning in mid July. If interested, please submit resume and cover letter as soon as possible to Mary Dunne Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.