Fit4Kids is hiring a Policy Coordinator! Fit4Kids believes that active, well-nourished children learn more at school, have greater self-esteem, and grow to lead productive lives. Preventing childhood obesity isn’t just about avoiding weight and disease, it’s about building a brighter future. This new position will develop and advocate for policies that support our mission to improve children’s health through physical activity and healthy eating.
About the position:
Fit4Kids is recruiting a Policy Coordinator, a new, grant-funded, position. We are open to candidates seeking either full or part-time employment. Fit4Kids seeks a highly-motivated, energetic, and articulate professional to work collaboratively on policy advocacy initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join a dynamic team committed to improving the health and wellness of children in RVA. Fit4Kids currently offers a variety of effective programs that increase children’s level of physical activity and encourage healthy eating habits. This new position will work to supplement these direct services by advocating for policies that impact the lives of thousands of children. The policy efforts will initially be focused at the local level in the Richmond region.
The key objectives for this position are to:
- Collaborate with key partners to create and pursue a policy agenda focused on improving children’s wellness and reducing pediatric obesity
- Provide logistical support for advocacy and policy-related meetings, events, webinars and advocate training programs
- Engage with stakeholders such as parents, teachers, and concerned community members to build grassroots support for local policy initiatives
- Meet with and educate policymakers on childhood obesity prevention efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required, minimum of three years professional experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to Fit4Kids mission and ability to present, inform, and motivate individuals and groups about Fit4Kids mission and programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multi-task as necessary
- Entrepreneurial spirit including innovation, continuous improvement, and flexibility
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends
How to Apply:
Position open until filled. Please email your resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Mary Dunne Stewart at email@example.com. Please submit your application package as soon as possible and no later than February 19th. In your cover letter, please detail your salary requirements and preference for full or part-time. Please no phone calls.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary dependent upon experience. For full-time employees, health, dental, and life insurance, 403(b) plan with employer match, paid vacation and sick leave.
Greater Richmond Fit4Kids is a non-profit organization created to improve the health and wellness of children by increasing physical activity and promoting healthy eating. The organization is focused on improving children’s health and reducing childhood obesity. Please browse our web site at www.grfit4kids.org for more information about us.
As an equal opportunity program, Fit4Kids encourages applications from all individuals.