April 17th was a sunny Saturday morning in Bryan Park where Fit4Kids staff, members of the Young Professionals Board, and Friends of Fit4Kids gathered to have some socially distanced fun! The morning was full of active play, reminding us all what it feels like to be a kid again. The activities were inspired by actual games and concepts used in our Game On, Girl! and Wellness Integration programs, giving everyone who attended a sneak peek into what Fit4Kids work is all about!
Here’s how it went down..
After one of our Wellness Integration Specialists, Jeff Suho, led everyone through a warm-up that challenged our numbers sense, participants rotated through five different stations:
- Jump rope: we brought it back to the playground with some Double Dutch!
- Farmer’s Market HIIT workout: this short interval-style workout had moves inspired by the farmer’s market happening just up the road.
- Soccer drills: we worked on our passing, shooting, and dribbling skills!
- Omni volleyball: The name of the game? Keep the giant ball in the air as long as possible.
- Memory Fitness: Find a match? Keep the cards and skip the exercise. No match? Pick an exercise and complete 10 reps!
At each station, there were fun facts about Fit4Kids programs and what we’ve been up to over the past year. For example, did you know that our Wellness Integration Specialists have trained over 350 teachers on “How to Use Movement in the Virtual Classroom”? Teachers have shared, “My students aren’t engaged unless we’re using Fit4Kids movement lessons.” Participants got a taste of some of the things we do to make movement fun!
To finish off the morning, everyone showed off their competitive side with a high energy relay race! We took turns grape-vining across the grass, passing the pool noodle “baton”, and cheering each other on to the finish line. By the end, everyone was smiling and having a great time being active!