About the Position:
Fit4Kids is seeking a highly motivated, energetic professional for our new full-time entry-level Grant Writer position. The Grant Writer will manage foundation, corporate and government grants. Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have incredible attention to detail. Willing to train the right candidate who has excellent writing, time management, and critical thinking skills. Seeking a professional with the desire to learn and grow and a great attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of grants including writing organized and compelling proposals and reports
- Research new grant opportunities based on organization’s new strategic plan
- Maintain calendar of all relevant deadlines for LOIs, proposals, reports
- Collaborate closely with CEO and program team to fully understand programs in order to serve as part of fundraising team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with funders
- Utilize communication and writing skills to enhance organizational awareness and market our work and impact to funders and the broader community
- Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent writing skills
- A strong attention to detail, multitasking, and meeting deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and the Google Drive platform
- Demonstrated commitment to Fit4Kids’ mission
Interested applicants should complete an application and submit a cover letter including salary requirements, a writing sample, and your resume at http://bit.ly/f4kgrantwriter . Please only submit a writing sample that was written independently. Please submit your application as soon as possible and no later than July 2nd. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.
About the Organization:
Greater Richmond Fit4Kids is a non-profit organization created to improve the health and wellness of children by increasing physical activity and promoting healthy eating. The organization is focused on improving children’s health and reducing childhood obesity.
Fit4Kids is committed to equal access and opportunity for everyone. Fit4Kids does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religious affiliation, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, or veteran status in employment, partnership or program delivery.