About the Position:
Fit4Kids is hiring a seasonal part-time garden educator for our Learning Garden program. The position starts immediately and coincides with the school year. This is a position that requires in-person teaching at partner schools, in addition to some virtual teaching and in-person work at our greenhouse. The position is part-time and will provide roughly 20 hours per week.
The Educator will collaborate with schools to maintain their school garden and lead academic, garden-based lessons for elementary school classes during their school day. The Educator may also lead after-school garden club lessons with elementary and middle school students. The purpose of the program is to leverage gardens and nutrition education to increase students’ consumption of fruits and vegetables and encourage healthy eating.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead hands-on in-person and virtual lessons that integrate the garden into the core, standards-based curriculum
- Maintain communication between Fit4Kids staff, school staff, teachers, and volunteers
- Collect and enter data for various program evaluation requirements to ensure program effectiveness
- Assist with some greenhouse duties, as needed
- Availability to work in-person (following all CDC guidelines)
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- Experience growing produce is a plus
- Experience working with groups of children and leading educational sessions
- Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- A strong attention to detail and multitasking
- Experience interacting with diverse communities and the ability to integrate into an existing school community
- Knowledge of computer and internet based programs for leading virtual lessons, communicating with colleagues, and reporting program data
Interested applicants should complete an application and upload a brief cover letter and resume at this web site – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fit4kidsgardeneducator
If you have any questions, please email Fit4Kids Garden Coordinator Sara Artiglia.
About the Organization:
Greater Richmond Fit4Kids is a non-profit organization created to improve the health and wellness of children by increasing physical activity and promoting healthy eating. The organization is focused on improving children’s health and reducing childhood obesity.
Fit4Kids is committed to equal access and opportunity for everyone. Fit4Kids does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religious affiliation, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, or veteran status in employment, partnership or program delivery.