Fit4Kids is seeking seasonal part-time garden educators for our learning garden programming. This is a great part-time position for a college or graduate student or retiree to gain valuable experience, be part of a dynamic non-profit, and earn an income. This position offers roughly 20-30 hours per week working Monday through Thursday or Monday through Friday. There is daily travel involved, so applicants should have reliable transportation.
The Learning Garden Educator is a part-time, seasonal position that will work under the direction of the Fit4Kids Learning Garden Coordinator. These positions will work primarily with middle school after school programs, but may also work with some elementary schools. The purpose of the program is to leverage gardens and nutrition education to increase students’ consumption of fruits and vegetables and encourage healthy eating.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with school leaders to develop school-specific goals for the garden
- Lead lesson that integrates the garden into the core, standards-based curriculum
- Maintain communication between Fit4Kids staff, school staff, teachers, and volunteers
- Collect and enter data for various program evaluation requirements to ensure program effectiveness
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- Experience growing produce
- Experience working with groups of children and leading educational sessions.
- Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Conceptual ability for the larger perspective with strong attention to detail and multitasking
- Experience interacting with diverse communities and the ability to integrate into and existing school community
- Knowledge of computer and internet-based programs for use in communication and grant requirements
About the Organization:
Greater Richmond Fit4Kids is a non-profit organization created to improve the health and wellness of children by increasing physical activity and promoting healthy eating. The organization is focused on improving children’s health and reducing childhood obesity through innovative school and community-based programs.
Interested applicants please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Sara Artiglia at email@example.com. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out directly to Sara.