About the Position:
Fit4Kids is hiring seasonal part-time garden educators for our Learning Gardens program. There are two positions. One position is AFTER SCHOOL Monday-Thursday, 3pm-5:30pm. One position is DURING SCHOOL 8-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. The employment date will begin February 22 and conclude May 20, 2024 with the option to renew in August 2024.
This is a position that requires in-person teaching at partner schools, in addition to some in-person work at our greenhouse. The AFTER SCHOOL position is part-time and will provide roughly 10 hours per week. The DURING SCHOOL position is part-time and will provide roughly 32 hours per week. The compensation begins at $16/hour.
The Educator will collaborate with schools to maintain their school garden and lead academic, garden-based lessons for elementary school classes during their school day. The Educator will also lead after-school garden club lessons with elementary and middle school students. The purpose of the program is to leverage gardens and nutrition education to increase students’ consumption of fruits and vegetables and encourage healthy eating.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead hands-on in-person lessons that integrate the garden into the core, standards-based curriculum
- Maintain communication between Fit4Kids staff, school staff, teachers, and volunteers
- Collect and enter data for various program evaluation requirements to ensure program effectiveness
- Availability to work in person (following all CDC guidelines)
- Access to reliable transportation
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- Experience growing produce is a plus
- Experience working with groups of children and leading educational sessions
- Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail and multitasking
- Experience interacting with ethnically and socio-economically diverse communities and the ability to integrate into an existing school community
- Knowledge of computer and internet-based programs for communicating with colleagues, and reporting program data
- Ability to submit a complete background check
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
About the Organization:
Greater Richmond Fit4Kids is a non-profit organization created to improve the health and wellness of children by increasing physical activity and promoting healthy eating. The organization is focused on improving children’s health and reducing childhood obesity.
Fit4Kids is committed to equal access and opportunity for everyone. Fit4Kids does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religious affiliation, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, or veteran status in employment, partnership or program delivery.